Friday, May 30, 2008

Cleaning up the studio


Lots of soap to clean up! It feels funny to have to clean up a substance that is usually used for cleaning itself. One would think that it would be easy but actually it does not come off the floor so easily- it has to dissolve first with warm water. Also I needed to clean several buckets crusted with dry paper-pulp, which I decided in the shower was the best place for the job. This afternoon I had a visit from my reappearing 5th grader who wanted to play another game of chess. We had a game outside in the sun. I told her that I needed to pack up and finish a drawing, which I had promised a friend. She stayed and helped me with the drawing- laying down vine charcoal and helping me smudge it. She was excited to be using "real artist materials". And for me- old art school skills- such as perspective were tested. I took my drawing over to Sarah's house to borrow her spray-fix & ended up having a glass of whiskey to boot. It has been nice to be able to take it slow. The exhibition is up & I finished writing my interview responses, now to look for more challenges. "Si no tenemos problemas, las buscamos!"

No comments: